Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How Keeping Busy Can Help You To Write

Writer's block is feared by most of us and can strike quite often. I can't remember how many times I have sat down in front of my computer to write, only to find that I can't seem to get past a certain stage in a story.

Most people will recommended that you take a break at this point and come back to your writing later. While this is often the only option available to you, what you do during that break can also be important. Personally I find that I can think through the problem in my story if I distract myself by doing something else, especially something that uses my hands and leaves my brain free to think.

Below are pictures of some jewelry I've made, which I often do while taking a break from writing. Picking out the colors and assembling the pieces distracts me, but still allows my subconscious to work through stories and ideas.









0 comments:

Post a Comment